Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day 2009...a.k.a. Double Stroller Hell!

So a double stroller is HEAVY! Let's hope I burned more calories and shrunk my post-baby saddle-bags a bit more because of it! Two kids and this big-ass stroller...how did I get here? It's amazing! I walked from my house all the way to our library with a pit-stop in-between at the park. I pointed out lots of earthy things for my daughter. A bunch of floating dead earthworms seemed pretty cool.

In a recent attempt to "reclaim" a tiny pit of myself again I have been working out. (Slim in 6 baby....3x per week goal....get real Debbie Sieber) Starting this blog not only helps with the reclamation thing, but quiets my ever-advice-ful husband. "Look, I got 6 years to figure my "stuff" out before the youngest goes to kindergarten" I tell him. Goal: Never to return to an office again. Being a stay-at-home mom is blissful and boring all at the same time. Even from my O.C.D. self, some days cleaning just doesn't cut it! I run a tight-ship but some nights that glass of wine calls to me and gives me a big warm hug!

So this first post is just that.....a first post. Gettin' my feet wet again with the writing. "Don't think about it so much...just get something down and the rest will come!" (I was a journalism major in college so my professor's words come back to me right now) I feel the words, thoughts, ideas, concerns, etc. bubbling around inside my head....knocking between the constant "mommy requests" from my red-headed 3.5 year old. So come along with me on this journey. I have lots of stuff up my sleeve and this seems easier than a journal for each kid! : )
See you tomorrow....and look, in this economy this writing thing is cheaper than therapy!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations with filling in this missing piece of your life! And for the record I am VERY inspired by the ordinary, because that is 99.9% of the time what we're exposed to.

    But really is anything really ordinary ? Is the awakening of life in plants and animals in the morning of a spring day ordinary? It has happened a billion times a year for the last billion years but it never ordinary.


    I've said too much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool wallpaper by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tricia, So happy you get to experience one of lifes' true pleasures - watching your kids grow and develop - it's one of the worlds greatest wonders to behold. Those two little blobs of clay are yours to mold - and I know you will expose them to all of life's treasures, large and small. Enjoy and I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting this up and going.....I'm looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete