Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I heart glasses and my kids

Okay, I was expecting this but I'm pissed. My daughter just stepped on her glasses and one of the lenses popped out. This is AFTER I have made a trip to the eye doctor twice for adjustments and once on the trip to my mom's house. This is AFTER one of the arms has been replaced. Dear lord, she hasn't even had the suckers for a month yet......I know, I know, she's 3 and 1/2, she's a little girl, she's doing her best, etc. But again may I say once again that this is yet another thing for me to deal with while my loving husband is on a business trip.

And what's so bad about that business trip? Oh, gee....not sure. He's out to dinner with a client tonight eating food that someone is serving him and probably having a drink and having adult conversations. I am eating a Lean Cuisine. Yes, that's right. He is sleeping in a hotel room with no interruptions from the baby needing his binky put back in his mouth, the stupid cat crying or the air compressor filling up at 4:00 am thanks in part to him not shutting it off. Thanks honey.

Oh, and I didn't mention that the reason she stepped on her glasses was because she sat them down on the ground near her feet (wearing light-up Ariel mermaid shoes no less) and was digging through her costume boxes for more stuff to put on. (She's wearing a pink Barbie dress and while ditching the glasses for purple Sponge Bob sunglasses the inevitable happens......) I gave her a million tutorials on how to set them down and where to set them down to avoid this. Okay, get over it now....she's little. But I have high expectations for her and this could be a good thing to prepare her for real life or lead her to therapy. I guess we'll see how it all turns out.

She then started to cry (knowing my look of mom anger at it's highest) and ran up to her room. I did not follow her, poured a glass of wine, heated my Lean Cuisine and tried to let it go. She came down a few minutes later and said, "I'm really sorry I broke my glasses mom."

This mom world is crazy. Heart-breaking love like you've never experienced and so many frustrations you are like...."You're kidding me right????"

Our family vacation begins next Friday. However, that means even more work for me to prep. And it also means priceless memories for us. I can't wait!

And lastly, my precious little butter ball of a son ate 2 whole real Cheerios today and then some "puffs" while shopping at Target tonight. I cannot believe he's 6 months old. I swear we just brought him home from the hospital and he barely fit in a newborn sleeper. He has white hair that sticks up on top. His big blue eyes look at me with utter adoration. When I hear him giggle you might as well rip my heart out and step on it. I could just burst with love for him and his sister.

I have never been so stupidly happy to have such a thankless job......right now. Because I know how much I thank my mom for all she did for me while growing up. I know I'm raising them to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment