Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Random Thoughts....I should be in bed

Maybe it takes 6 months before the high exhaustion factor of having two kids really kicks in or maybe they are sucking the life out of me and I'm getting weak...either way, I'm really really tired tonight. It's been non-stop all day. I am up at 11:21 pm just to have a little time to myself and watch some reality trash T.V.

My beloved husband is gone again for work....I just gotta adapt to this schedule. I ultimately can't complain because I get to stay home with the beloved babes and not schlep them around to daycare and god bless all you incredible working moms. It almost killed me to bring Lauren to daycare and return to work.......hence, it lasted all of two weeks before I put my two week notice in. The rest is history as it unfolds blog by blog!

There a few things in life that a woman needs...any woman, however, I'd lean toward a stay-at-home mom needing them more : )

-some time alone without kids....I'm really really lacking in this department and I consider myself lame when last night I was almost glad to go get a blood test as this meant "alone time." OMG...someone help me! I have made a commitment to work on the whole babysitter thing when we return from vacation. I would like a smidgen of a life again.

-some good wine. I splurged on a bottle of Kendall Jackson chardonnay for $10.99 (okay, not a big splurge, but I usually buy the econo size bottles for best value...and I'm not talking "jugs o wine" either, just the good name brands in larger size. However, upon tasting a nice small bottle of $11 wine.......it's divine!

-a good haircut and color. My haircut tonight was exactly what the doctor ordered! It makes you feel worthy, attractive and stylish. Oh, and bonus....more alone time : )

-a manicure, pedicure, massage or facial. I am needing one or all soon.

-a good babysitter. (sweet baby Jesus help me)

-some awesome girlfriends. Amen to all of mine. I couldn't do it without you. Mom and sister included here. How great is that?

-dinner out. We all need a break. I love it when my sister says "Kitchen Closed." Agreed!

-SLEEP. Enough said. Good night!

(list in progress......)

No comments:

Post a Comment