Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Don't talk to me....color my hair...

You know you are a stay-at-home mom when you are counting down the hours that you will depart from your home (as early as you can) with book in hand to lovingly sit in the waiting area at your hairdresser's. And let's not even get started on the hours to cut and color your hair. You may talk, you may not. Surprisingly, my stylist and I are on a good vibe about this.

I love not talking sometimes. I have a 3.5 year old that doesn't shut up. The constant questions wear me down to the point of "just. stop. talking." (or the "quiet game") Dear Lord. Maybe it's because she's a girl. But I highly doubt it. It's just a kid thing and some days she just gets to me.

I know it's time for some alone time when I find myself really frustrated and irritated with the simple basics of a child. She is just being a kid. I am just being a mom. Sometimes the two do not mix. (Enter TIME AWAY)


Whew! Who ever said this gig was gonna be easy? I'll let you know how the hair turns out : )

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will turn out great, your hair is always amazing!

    xo martine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I always tell my stylist "You don't know how happy I am to be here".

    ReplyDelete