Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vampires and Kids...they suck the life blood outta you....

Status:
Husband on work trip.
Both kids bathed.
One down....one to go.
Glass of wine.
Tori and Dean at 9:00 pm.

A laid back day at home with both kidlets taking 3.5+ hour naps! Projects galore completed by Lauren today....I literally emptied the contents of the "craft cabinet" on the floor and she picked through it all day with delight. And much to my delight with non-interrupted time....time to kick out the work-outs as we count down to 20th class reunion next weekend. : )

Who doesn't love the smell of freshly bathed babes? OMG. I never get sick of it!

Oh! A confession to make...I admit I have given in to peer pressure. I am currently on page 200 or so of "Twilight." I cannot believe I have fallen for this vampire crap. I mean ultimately this is tween scene book and why I am reading it? Well, until I got to this point in the book I was ready to scrap it. I was like......all this school cafeteria, teen angst crap.......please. I'm old for cripes sake! Then something happened around chapter 9 and well....I might, might the key word here, be hooked. Here is where Stephanie Meyer had me... (spoiler alert if you haven't read it!)

"About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was part of him- and I didn't know how potent that part might be- that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."

Maybe this is what happens to stay-at-home mom's. We get stir-crazy, don't shower often enough and start reading tween scene vampire books along with all the crappy reality t.v. that is turning our brains to mush. WOW!

I'll let you know how it all turns out! : )

1 comment:

  1. I refuse to fall victim! Let us know how it all turns out and if it's as great as everyone says!!

    xo martine

    ReplyDelete