Monday, October 5, 2009

Butterflies and Blackbirds...

I have previously mentioned my "butterfly thing" (I will save you from the elephant thing right now).  Now, we are not talking scary tchotchkis  involving butterflies and elephants all over my house.  I am into more subtle and or non-descript ways that these winged beings effect me. (and what is the difference between affect and effect?  wondering)

So my daughter and I have this song.  It's "our song."  I dream of being at her graduation from high school or her wedding or some crazy big moment in her life and this song will hold special meaning for her and I'll hear it and bust a major gut.......like major bucket of tears.

She requests that I sing it to her on most tuck-in-for-bed nights.  I love knowing she thinks my voice is perfectly wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!
So I share it with you tonight....

BLACKBIRD

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly.
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see.
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free.

Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the lifght of a dark black night.
Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly.
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise.

~Paul McCartney
(and let's not even get started on Paul : )

No comments:

Post a Comment