Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hellish Hump Day redeemed....

I am so over January/winter/cold/stuck inside the house.............Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  I was at my wit's end all day today except for the blissful 30 mins on the treadmill.  Day 1 of training for August 1, 2010 1/2 marathon.  I felt great.  But may I repeat, it was DAY 1 of training!  ha ha

The second my husband walked in the door I left.  I wasn't even sure where I needed to go but I had to get out or I may have killed myself or someone else living in this house.  Possibly the whine bag cat.  She's a good candidate.

So God bless a wee bit of retail therapy!  I love one thing about January....the bargains you can find!  All the sales people kept asking me "how is it out there?"  or saying "you are brave."  Yes, yes I am.   I would have ran away naked tonight to get the hell out of the house.

I am back, happier, calmer, and may I say that I heart Trader Joe's.  After watching Oprah today and discussing the upcoming movie "Food, Inc." I love TJ's more than ever!  I have been leaning into this philosophy of unprocessed food for years and this show just confirmed that we are killing ourselves.  If you get a chance to catch the show or catch it in a re-run it is worth your time.

I ran into some old-school windmill cookies at TJ's.  My Dad was a big fan.  I could have busted out a big sobby cry in the aisle but instead just gave a silent little shout out to a man I really miss.  He would have adored being a grandpa.

Off to bed to just let all the thoughts of today wash away via some lovely dream I may have.  Morning comes too soon but the kids need me.  And my heart just bursts when I see Evan standing up in his crib waiting for me to get him out.  He's so smiley and laughing and just giddy to see me.  That is worth waking up for!  That and Starbucks French Roast.

Thanks for letting me vent : )  Night now.


No comments:

Post a Comment