Friday, January 15, 2010

U-Turn Ahead...


So here we are in 2010.  Two-thousand-and-ten or Twenty-ten?  What's your preference?  Happy New Year!  So many things float to the surface.  I am not here to announce my "I commit to posting everyday" or any craziness like that.  It's just that I really WANT to post something everyday, and really, yes, I have enough nonsense rolling around in my brain to do such, it's just.............well, you know.  It's called LIFE.  LIFE with two kids and running a household and embarking on all the career options I've got inside my brain.  Look people, I've got 5 years until Evan goes to Kindergarten to get it all together!  : )

I have so many resolutions that I have embarked upon already.  ahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha.  That was called a joke.  Can we all just live our lives presently, with optimism, courage and chardonnay?  Okay, just kidding.  I just don't believe in resolutions.  I just keep doing what works best in my life.  And really, if we are honest with ourselves, WE KNOW what works and doesn't.

In the recent light of the Haiti devastation, I just give big giant thanks for the amazing life I lead.  I have no idea what these people are dealing with, beyond what they were dealing with in their daily life.  Great karma, love, peace and blessings to these incredible people as they will rise above with our help. 

January is just not my favorite month. ever.  It's the whole let-down from the buzz of the holiday season from mid-November thru Jan 1.  and. then. nothing.  Just forget about it all.  Take down your decorations and deal with the cold, hard winter.  PLEASE!  January just isn't my thing.  Never has been.  Won't be until the kids are grown and gone and January can be spent in a tropical isle : )

So welcome to the new year.  Let us stand together in the spirit of togetherness for Haiti and for ourselves. As a mother, I cannot fathom the grief that children and parents alike are feeling.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/01/15/2010-01-15_miracle_amid_haiti_ruins_boy_4_.html

No comments:

Post a Comment