Thursday, February 4, 2010

Kale K R A Z Y....

Okay, enough with the kale talk I know!  I promise this is the last one.  But the two giant bunches of kale that I purchased was enough to do something else with.  Something as fantastic as KALE Potato chips...or rather "kale crisps."  But I swear they taste so much like chips it is insane.  Don't judge.  Just try them!  : )
BEFORE:  you will have a lot of kale which will get smaller as it crisps.......I just put washed and dried pieces of kale on a cookie sheet with a silpat (non-stick baking sheet) and I also have a cookie cooling rack that the kale is on top of.  This will ensure crisping on both sides of the kale.  I sprinkled some olive oil, salt and some balsamic vinegar on the kale before baking.  350 degrees for 10 or so minutes on the lowest rack of your oven.
AFTER:  significantly less in volume and significantly RIDICULOUS in flavor..........the kale is salty and crunchy and melts in your mouth. 
No more kale talk!  I get it.  Now, onto to my cauliflower "steaks" .........no lie.  Coming soon.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment