Friday, March 5, 2010

The life of a boy...

Any friend of mine who had a son told me that things would be different for me after Evan came into the world!  I seriously never even had to child-proof the house when Lauren was little.  She would sit calmly and read books or do something for a long period of time.  Well, Evan CLIMBS on things, over things, gets into every cupboard and drawer, and basically drives me crazy by the end of the day!  He needs to be secured if I leave the room!  (and that above diaper is a baby alive diaper, not his!)
And as for art projects, yeah.....guess we are gonna need to wait on that.  He wanted to eat the markers, draw on the table and rip Lauren's paper....but I had to try!  I had Lauren painting when she was 6 months!  I am a firm believer in creativity beginning early.  I learned that from my Great Aunt Ruth.  I was allowed to use all her art supplies........pastels, oils, water colors, etc. from an early age.  I felt so special and so grown up.  What can you do today that inspires you or your child?

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHHH!!!! Is this what I have to look forward to?! :) xo martine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's part b/c he is a boy and part b/c he is #2. At least in my opinion....Bekah is in to things so much more than Rachel ever was.

    ReplyDelete