Saturday, May 1, 2010

Family Celebration Day

Lauren had an event at preschool on Thursday.  I have no idea how I'm going to make to "Kindergarten graduation" or any other celebratory landmarks on the way to highschool or college graduation because I can't make it through the introduction that Miss Linda does before the kids even come on stage.  BEFORE I even see Lauren in her little dress and pony tails singing songs I'm fighting back tears! 

 It's just all too much for me.  I mean really, wasn't it just a few weeks ago I was bringing her home from the hospital to try this whole "motherhood" thing on for size?  Um, yeah, no.  It was almost 5...F I V E....years ago.  Are you kidding me?  Yep....about five years ago I gave up my own life (in a sense) and decided to live it with my heart outside my body.  Loving these little creatures has been the best thing I've ever done in my whole life.  The most important thing I've ever done.  After their births, nothing....and I mean nothing....was ever the same.  And it never will be.  Even on my worst day (and I've had my share) having these two amazing little beings in my life has given me more significance than I've ever felt before. 

Seeing her little handprint on this handcrafted "pot" (which is really a solo cup decorated with scraps of fabric) caused me to fight back the tears harder so the other mom's and parents wouldn't see how ridiculous I was being! But I'm sure they were fighting their own tears!










2 comments:

  1. It happens so fast....be proud of the wonderful little girl she has become. You are a great mom!! Love you and looking forward to catching up soon. (And having you visit us in our new home....hint, hint)

    ReplyDelete