Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

We took a short day trip to Rockford, IL to see the Anderson Japanese Gardens.  DELIGHTFUL!


The gardens are a serene oasis of calm and beauty. It just doesn't seem possible that this is located in Rockford!  It was the perfect get-a-way for Mother's Day.  We also got some great landscaping inspiration.  And Mom's got free admission! 

I took a TON of pictures so I'll spare you and just post a few goodies.  If you get the opportunity to visit the gardens you will not be disappointed!  Oh, and we got ice cream too!  Bengt cooked dinner and poured my morning coffee.  I also secured myself a fabulous necklace.  If you want a good Mother's Day gift you just need to buy it for yourself! 


I slept in late, took a nap and had a glass of wine.....both kids napped (the red head doesn't nap unless she's near exhaustion).......I'd say a pretty good weekend!  We went to dinner on Saturday without kids and even had time to stop at a bar and have a beer.  (you gotta love the church "parents night out" babysitting)  I felt like an adult!  : )  Couldn't love my family more or be more proud to call myself MOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment