Saturday, June 26, 2010

Craw-Dad Boil in the Northwoods..???? What?

Our friend Tom had the cool idea to have a craw-dad boil the first night of our Trout Lake trip.  It was ridicously fun and delicious!  He had all the craw-dads, shrimp and spicy sausage shipped in from http://www.cajungrocer.com/  The photos show the fun....
Everyone kept joking that we were in the middle of the Northwoods of Minnesota, about an hour from the Canadian border and yet here we are....having a Louisiana craw-dad boil!!!!!!!!!!!  Love it! 

Let's not forget the baby red tates, corn, melted butter and Top the Tator!  (Top the Tator is a chive, onion sour cream that is delish and at some point in this eating fest I just would take a baby red, break it open with my hands and dip directly into the top the tator! Apparently you can only get it in Minnesota)  The next morning I told everyone I think I may have eaten more Top the Tator than anyone and where was the shrimp?  Cuz I didn't recall eating any!  Turns out we saved the shrimp for another night because we had so much food.  I didn't think I was that drunk!





No comments:

Post a Comment