Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fighting the Elements....

If you look closely you can kinda see the mating Japenense Beetles that have now found the flowering bush in the backyard.  (on the small yellow bud above the flower) We fight these dirty little destructors every year at this time.  They love the birch tree in the front too.  I've heard the commonly purchased chemicals (from Menards, etc.) are the ones that do real damage to the enviornment because of poor disposal.  Despite my efforts and arguments, my husband will be on the warparth with his chemical concoctions after he sees this.
Here is the damage they leave behind. 
Munch and crunch...
(I won't even get started on the rabbits
and what they did to the beans)

But on a happier note, I got this lovely little Mexican planter for $3.50 at the new local thrift store!  I am kind of obsessed with Mexican pottery of any kind these days.  I am growing a nice little collection!  All purchased from garage sales, Good Will, or resale/thrift shops......which makes me like them even more!  Nobody loves the thrill of a bargain or the bargain HUNT more than me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment