Monday, July 12, 2010

For the Love of Sunflowers....

While I was growing up as a child, my mother had this picture hanging in her bedroom.  ("Sunflowers" by Vincent VanGogh)  Maybe this is why I can't get enough of sunflowers.  I never get sick of them and they always make me happy.  I even had them in my wedding bouquet as well as my bridesmaids bouquets.  In fact, this may have shaped my whole life and I've just now realized it!!!!  I minored in art in college, adored my art history classes, and can't get enough of art musems....any kind....any where.  I checked out a new thrift store today and walked in and immediately saw this print hanging on the wall.  The universe is speaking to me today through sunflowers! 

We have our own beauty that cropped up right below the bird feeder.  (the birds LOVE the sunflower seeds!)  This little fellow finally showed us his true color this morning!  We have been watching him inch is way up and B-L-O-O-M!!!!  He has a friend making his way up right next to him as well. 
And this fella just "self-planted" himself right next to the hose! 
Still awaiting his bloom...

No comments:

Post a Comment