Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The word Idyllic comes to mind....

Funny, when I googled the word "idyllic" this is what I found:  excellent and delightful in all respects; "an idyllic spot for a picnic"  Well there you have it!  My thoughts EXACTLY!  I am Crabby McCrabberson today DESPITE my Jillian "I am aim to kick your ass every which way to Tuesday" Michaels workout.  I DID the workout to change the mood....which it usually does.  "A good mood is just a workout away" is my favorite saying!  or "You will never regret working out."  (that one is from Valerie Bertinelli)  So I follow this blog called  Apartment Therapy and I stumbed across this photo.  This is where I want to be.  RIGHT. NOW.  With wine......lots of cold, crisp refreshing white wine.  And cheese.  And bread.  A friend or two.  NO KIDS.  I REPEAT.....NO KIDS are part of this sweet little picture inside my head!!!!!

I kinda wanted to go to work today.  Just get up and say "okay, see you all later...."  No cleaning, no messes, no cooking, organizing or dishwashers to unload.  No poop diapers or a 4.5 year old driving me bannanas all day.  She most certainly IS going to camp for two weeks and I don't care if it's only 3 times a week for 3 teensy, tiny hours.  Those 3 hours will be glorious.  Evan doesn't talk yet.  He can't ask questions or talk back or tell me he's bored.  Look, sista, I'd be bored too with ME all day long, everyday 24/7.  I feel your pain.  Hell, I feel MY OWN PAIN.

But this feeling too shall pass.  I'll be crying in my coffee soon enough when all these messes are gone and I've got to really work again!  (Ha, nothing is harder than this!)  And nothing is more glorious when I choose to embrace the love and insanity of it all!

You stay at home mom's out there.........do you f eel me???  Come join me at the table with the wine, bread and cheese....conversation optional.  We can just BE and feel the breeze on our faces and listen to the wind blow through the trees.  And then, we'd probably just end up talking about the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment