Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fiestaware Lover's Dream!


Everytime I go to a garage sale, resale shop or Goodwill I have a homing device that sets off in search of Fiestaware.  I only own a few plates and some misc. pieces.  But I adore it.  I adore the colors and the simplicity of it.  I love the mix and match ability.  I have never found any pieces at Goodwill.  (Although I drop and shop there all the time!) 

Well my friends.....DING DING DING!!!!!  Yesterday I found 12.........TWELVE, 12 cups in perfect condition for .99 cents a piece!  I was giddy with delight!  I had my coffee from the turquoise mug this morning. 

Fiestaware is made by the Homer Laughlin Company and can be purchased at most major retail stores like Kohl's, Macy's, Carson's, etc.  My BFF Bern has an extensive and ridiculous collection.  I am the official gift giver of Fiestware to her.  Each year I gift her the most recent place setting release.  (A new color is released each year) 

And for those of you who want more history on the company, you can find it here:  Fiestaware.  Since 1930 (Newell, West Virginia y'all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment