Saturday, September 25, 2010

Homemade Granola.....worth it!

Everyday Granola  Start with the best (Quaker of course!) Not the quick cooking kind, but the old fashioned kind.
Add some coarsely chopped pecans.  Again......the pecans are pricey but worth it.  I got a bulk bag from Costco for $10 and have a lot left over.
Penzeys Spices  Also the best!  I got this from my BF Bobbi for my birthday.  Spices as a gift for someone who loves to cook or bake are the best idea!  I love that the bottle says "Extra Fancy!"  How excellent is that?  It makes me happy!
Here it is!  Oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, coconut, salt.........ready for mixing!
After the honey and oil has been added you simply put on a lined cookie sheet and toast up!
Just go ahead and double the batch because you will regret NOT doing it! 
After you bake the mix, add in some dried fruit.  I got this bag of cranberries, cherries and apples at Costco for around $8.00. 
I learned about this recipe from a book a I was reading called A Homemade Life  by Molly Wizenburg.  She has a fantastic (and super popular) blog called Orangette.  She also has a column in Bon Appetit magazine called Cooking Life.  I became enthralled by her book and blog and latest restaurant venture in Seattle called Delancey.  I have become rather obsessed with books about the food industry, cooking, eating, etc.  The universe might be speaking to me and let me tell you......my ears and heart are open!  What does it all mean? 

No comments:

Post a Comment