Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cilantro Lime Chimichurri with Avocado....

To get the party started, make this recipe:  cilantro-lime-chimichurri-with-avocado  (of course from Pioneer Woman!  But my BFF Kelly led me to this goodness!)  I roasted the tomatillos, garlic, green onion and jalpeno before putting it in the food processor.......I highly suggest doing this!  It is awesome....especially if you get it really charred and black.  It completely adds to the flavor.  You will see the green goodness below and how I took a "dip" and turned it into an appetizer...

 I added some chicken....

and used pre-made fillo shells...they are the best and so easy!  You can put anything in these cups!
I put the "dip" on the bottom and added a little chiken and one tomato chunk....
I also found these cocktail flatbreads and did the same thing with them...
The dip is delcious by itself with chips too if that's the kind of thing you are looking for.  But beware....somebody is gonna have to pry it out of your hand to get you to stop.  Kelly uses this "dip" as a condiment on sandwiches and admitted to making excuses to just slather this on anything and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment