Friday, November 5, 2010

A Call to Greatness...


I have to share a blog I follow called:  Smallnotebook.  This particular post is entitled "Make a Home Using Personal Filters."  We all have things we are trying to achieve in our lives and within our family unit.  This spoke to me in a way of understanding that we are in control of  more than we realize.  

The last two "door knob" photos were taken by me when I went to my Mom's house in October. (the other  photo is here.)  My Dad has an outbuilding behind the house which we refer to as the "barn" (which I believe actually was at some point) and I found all this cool stuff to photograph, while at the same time reconnecting with this space that has always been a part of my life.  I feel closer to my dad when I'm walking on the land that he inhabited for most of his life.....realizing that the trees that were planted as mere sprouts are now towers.  

And that I have this magnificent little red headed child who will be FIVE, F-I-V-E in a week.  He would have adored her.  This is what I miss.  What she is missing..........her Grandpa Tom.  What he missed.  That is what dying young takes from you.  There are just things in life we just can't understand but must accept.  Because LIFE BECKONS and calls us to greatness!

No comments:

Post a Comment