Monday, January 17, 2011

Alton Brown's Wings....

It is FOOTBALL SEASON after all!!!
GO PACKERS!

Alton Brown's Buffalo Wing Recipe is different from most in that it tells you to steam the wings first for 10 minutes before baking in the oven for 40 mins (20 mins each side) and let me tell you, they are the best I've ever had! They fell off the bone like ribs do when you use this method.  And really who's gonna question Alton Brown? Part science guy, part chef, part comedian!!!!  Love him!  It's the only show on the Food Network my husband can handle.

I used fresh chicken wings. (I would have used drumsticks too but my grocery did not have mini ones)  This may seem like common sense, but other recipes I researched told me to use a big 'ol bag of frozen drumettes and wings.  

And the sauce?  So simple.  So perfect.  I put fresh garlic in a pan with olive oil and when that had cooked a bit I added the butter and Frank's red hot and Tabasco.  (Because you know they are totally different flavors right?  They are!  

And for the blue cheese dipping sauce I just used blue cheese salad dressing and added fresh blue cheese crumbles and a bit of milk to thin it out.

I cannot wait to make these in GIANT batches for friend this summer when we head to Trout Lake for vacation.  All the people we hang with while on vacation love a high spice factor and this will be super fun to eat while drinking beer and sitting around the picnic tables.  Oh summer, how I long for you as it has snowed ALL day today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment