Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Kettle 'o Soup....

I am obsessed with making soup.  I've been making a kettle every weekend.  It's such a winter delight to eat throughout the week or on a night I don't feel like cooking.  This latest and greatest comes from The Pioneer Woman~Cauliflower Soup.  Shocking that I would find a recipe from her site, I know!  And forgive me for the photo.  If I use a flash it is too much so I just take the photo under the stove lights which makes it look all yellow.  All of PWs tutorials on photography tell me to only take pics in natural light.  Well, I don't cook everything during the day.  So I guess I need to take a photography class or start cooking when the sun shines bright and shining through my window.

However, this does not take away from my suggestion to make this soup.  I made mine chunkier than PW suggests. My mom makes a soup called "cheese soup" that uses frozen vegetable medley and Velveeta cheese.  This is so similar to that soup, but all natural with fresh veggies.
I have found that most of PWs recipes are not as spicy as I desire.  So kicked this up a couple of notches and it satisfied on all counts.  And just because you can google a poem about absolutely anything, I googled one for you about SOUP!!!!!

SOUP
I SAW a famous man eating soup.
I say he was lifting a fat broth
Into his mouth with a spoon.
His name was in the newspapers that day
Spelled out in tall black headlines
And thousands of people were talking about him.
  
When I saw him,
He sat bending his head over a plate
Putting soup in his mouth with a spoon.
~Carl Sandburg

No comments:

Post a Comment