Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Monday....


Okay I want you all to know that I wrote a fabulous post on Friday night in the midst of a sick whimpering child lying next to me and another child bouncing off the walls. Every once in a while I write something and just know it's good.  It moves and inspires me and the words flow easily. And with the new blogspot upgrades, it's virtually impossible to lose a post.  It auto-saves constantly. And two seconds after that auto-save occurred, Evan bumped me and it was gone.  gone. gone. gone.  Every last word of it. And after I pretended it didn't happen and I did all I could do to "find it", I just gave gave up and moved on. And spent the rest of the weekend feeling like I couldn't write anything else.

I can try to reproduce it, but it won't be as good.  When something is "in the moment" it is always so much better than forcing it.  I'll try again.  It involved SHOES.  New fantastic shoes.  

I also want you to feel a tiny bit of my pain.  I've been pretty much "holed up" in the house with a sick Lauren and two-year old who wants to drink out of every cup she has put her lips on since Thursday.  Oh, and the husband has some cough that makes me want to punch him every time I hear it.  I am not sick.  I never get sick.  Evan is not sick.  So that's something good.  

Also, it's January and I've decided I don't like January.  It's white and cold and gray and doesn't have much excitement in it.  It's snowing again today and I've a fire in the fireplace.  I'm going to clean and workout and just get past this all.  Keep moving.  Keep going.  Keep Spring in my heart.  BE THE MONARCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment