Monday, January 17, 2011

She Hit the Big Time....


Do you know Dooce?  Her name is Heather Armstrong and she's like the first blogger to ever get fired from her job for talking smack about her employer and people she works with.  It's a big long ridiculous story and now she makes a ton of money for really not blogging anymore but just posting a picture here and there and really not saying much. I used to be obsessed with her and read her book.  (She had a teeny tiny nervous breakdown and committed herself to a mental institution.) Sure, Sure.  

Anyway, I don't want to talk shit here.  I feel we need to support one another, especially woman....especially fellow bloggers.  So Heather, if you are reading this, (insert giant maniacal laugh here) Love you!  Love your work!  Plus Heather does many a good post about mental health, drugs, support, etc.  Something I know nothing about and thank god I have not suffered from.  Or maybe I just haven't had the proper diagnosis.  Because really, I am not sure I don't know a stay-at-home mom who doesn't feel NUTS or half-cocked three outta five days of the week!

She may have brought me round again with this snippet from her post today:

Have you ever been a stay-at-home parent? Do you have any idea the amount of rigorous work and emotion it requires? The tireless hours of performing tasks that will never earn you a raise or a gold star or even be acknowledged by another human being? Cause Imma let you shut your mouth if you haven't.

YES, YES, YES!  My hand is raised sista and I'm a stay-at-home who's been stuck in the house (it's January in Chicago friends) with a sick 5-year-old and a crazy 2-year-old.  So just the mere fact you made this statement today....well, I NEEDED THAT.

Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I am going stir crazy now - January in Detroit, but I don't feel exactly the same way about being a stay at home mom. My child is thriving and happy and smarter than most children her age. Every sticker on the potty chart is my gold star! However, it would be nice to have a whole day where I am not doing something for someone else. There are drawbacks to every choice that we make in life.

    ReplyDelete