Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cleaning vs. Dusting....

Wikipedia defines DUST as: Particles in the atmosphere that arise from various sources such as soil dust lifted up by wind, volcanic eruptions, and pollution. Dust in homes, offices, and other human environments contains small amounts of plant pollen, human and animal hairs, textile fiberspaper fibres, minerals from outdoor soil, and many other materials which may be found in the local environment.

I would describe myself as a neat-nick.  Maybe even go so far as "I have issues."  (you know...O.C.D. with a splash of A.D.D. thrown in for good measure)  I have even said out loud on more than one occasion, "I love cleaning."  I told my husband before we moved into our current, two-story, large and lovely home that "I'm cool with a big house.  I love cleaning.  It won't bother me a bit."  

Please insert two children and a pack of toys and all wood floors throughout the entire house and dust bunnies and construction dust when the windows are open in the Spring and Summer.  Enter winter and shoe-tracked messes and a two-year old that likes sharpie markers and toothpaste and soap and lotion.  (all to be used for the not-intended purposes)
She makes it look so fun doesn't she?


Yes, it's true.  I don't mind cleaning.  I just do all these things without thinking about them or having a set schedule for cleaning.....anything.  It just happens.  These tasks get done and there is nothing like a spic and span house without any toys in view.  It's a gift.  It makes my life easy in so many ways.  But one thing that kills me and it only usually gets done when people are coming over.....DUSTING.  I am not sure why, but dust that I cannot see just simply does not bother me.  Crazy.  I know.  

I was walking up the steps a few days ago and saw that Lauren had left me a little message in some dust.  I just smiled and felt comfortable in my ability to just. let. it. go.....I am one woman.  Hear me roar.  But I can't do it all.  (or at least all the time!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment