Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Flashback....

In my quest for all things cool, quirky, vintage, throw-back, retro, old school, etc.....I present to you the wood and brass ducks....

Now, these are not my "official" ducks.  My ducks did have the lovely brass wings and wood base. I found mine at a local re-sale shop and was oddly drawn to them.  I saw them several times before actually buying them.  I got them both for around $6.00!!!!  I have to continue to remember to "just go with" my instincts when it comes to these sorts of things.  
 I forgot to take a before photo of my ducks, but here is what they look like now.  I am officially obsessed with black spray paint and may be bordering on a small addiction to animals I can spray paint. I find my ducks to be much more attractive after a little spray paint.
Here is where they are located.  If you look in the mirror, you can see the staircase reflection.  I have a little grouping of items on the wall as you go up the stairs.  I plan to add and expand to this over time.  I follow a blog called Young House Love where Sherry and John document their house rehab.  Sherry has her own obsession with animals that she enjoys painting white.  I sorta feel like she rubbed off on me after reading all her "animal tales" on her blog.  

Today I forced myself not to buy two old school ceramic birds in a lovely gold tone.  These are the sort of thing my mom would have made in her ceramic class in the 70s.  Oh how she must have needed that class once a week to escape her own version of ground hog day!  (My sister and I are 17 months apart!)  I feel her pain!  I can't promise those birds won't end up in my house tomorrow.  I sometimes cannot stop thinking about a bargain I passed up and go back the next day.  I border on "let it go" and "you don't need it" (even if it is really cheap) to "I must have it" and "I don't care if I don't know where to put it."  

Happy Friday Friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment