Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Out of my book slump...

My sister's book club read this book for February.  I really needed to get out of a book slump.  I have reserved and checked out book after book from the library and nothing was clicking.  This book did the trick.  Now I will admit that I read the entire Twilight series with reckless abandon.  I tore through this book with the same excitement.  I read it in a week.  I went to bed early so I could read for an hour or more.  I will also admit this is classified as a young adult book from Scholastic.  Well, I'm out of my book slump so who cares!  It's science fiction and I don't typically read this genre.  But as my sister said, her book club is all about getting you to read something you normally wouldn't read.  I'm in!  Suzanne Collins, the author got the idea for this book while watching the history channel and flipping back to a reality show.  
This is book #2...
This is book #3 in the trilogy...
GIVE THEM A TRY!  
Read something out of your box today!  
I just started book #2 last night.  
You can check out the book reviews here.

No comments:

Post a Comment