Thursday, March 24, 2011

Finding Light at the end of a long tunnel...


Hi Friends!  I'm back after a little hiatus that I was unaware I would be taking!  In a nutshell, I attended wine club last Thursday (St. Pat's Day), prepped for house guests on Friday, attended my Mother-in-Law's memorial service on Saturday and hosted a rockin' after party with tons of our friends and family (fab!), took my Mother to Northwestern on Monday, went shopping and did a million errands on Tuesday (without hauling the kids!  thank you very much!) and Wednesday made two pans of lasagna and taxied Lauren to school and Spanish class.

Today, the guests left the house and I've turned back into my maniacal O.C.D. self.  The usual~ laundry, scrubbing the floors, and having a little afternoon date with Jillian Michaels.  She never fails to kick my arse!  Hello, life!  We are back in the swing again! It's Thursday already and I realized I haven't blogged in a week!  I don't like not connecting with my blog at least every other day.  It's an outlet and I flex my writing muscle  So I'm back with avengence!

Or maybe not!  We have a family get-a-way planned for Lauren's spring break next week to Door County with a pre-trip to my mom's house.  (even though she's just been here for 6 days and is coming to Door County with us!!!)  It's a good thing we get along so well!

For those of you who read my post Cancer-schmancer about my Mom's multiple myeloma, I have an update.  It's stem-cell city baby!  And if you can't make a joke about something really frickin' serious you can't laugh about anything.  So there.  My calendar is scribbled and noted and marked with important dates and my family plans and my sister's family plans for the upcoming months.  It's scratched and scribbled and a yellow legal pad sits next to it with a detailed outline for mom's treatment plans.  It begins with a three or four day stay in the hospital getting chemo.  And in the spirit of "taking one day at a time" we will focus on our fun time in Door County and my own thyroid surgery days before she will enter the hospital.  If I only had a nanny this would all seem easier.

But it's all good.  Because this is life. This isn't "oh, I feel so bad for that person and what they are going through."  It's the real deal. And because my mother-in-law didn't even get the chance to fight, Mom's gonna kick some cancer ass.  Our family is committed to what will most likely be a 3-4 month journey of chemo, harvesting stem cells and the actual stem cell transplant.  But by this time next year I hope to say "mom is in remission."

Thank you for your continued support, love and friendship.  I can feel it.  It sustains me.


No comments:

Post a Comment