Thursday, April 7, 2011

A New Addition to the Wall of Fame...

In my dreams I thought something this kitschy-cool might exist.  I happened upon this vintage coolness at my hometown Goodwill.  (Marinette, WI:  in a nutshell, 50 miles north of Green Bay, WI, home of the beloved Green Bay Packers.  Yep, they just won the super bowl and I'm pretty sure Wisconsinites are still celebrating!!!)  I have not typically found good treasures at the Marinette Goodwill, but I swear if I think of something that I covet, desire, long for or dream of, etc. it usually ends up in my hands.  Not kidding!  My sister has the same gift.
What I love about this plate are the things that someone chose to showcase Wisconsin:  Stand Rock in Wisconsin Dells, Devil's Lake State Park, muskie fishing, the state capitol in Madison, Yerkes Observatory in Lake Geneva (a fave of the husband's!) and the Auditorium in Milwaukee (which is now called Milwaukee Theatre)  It's vintage goodness at it's best!  My favorite way to decorate.
Would it look good here?
or here?
If you missed my "wall of fame" post, you can find it here.

2 comments:

  1. You won't believe this, but I really think that used to be my mom's...or at least one like it!! Yes, I'm serious. She collected these "state" plates for a while and I swear she had one like that! Regardless, I'm glad it has found a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop saying Yerkes in my head and laughing. I keep thinking of Yorkies and your comment that Bengt loves Yerkes Observatory :)

    ReplyDelete