Friday, October 28, 2011

Anatomy of a Night Out...

Last Friday (10-21-11) marked 16 years of marriage for the hubs and me.  I had Lauren stand on the coffee table in an attempt to take a few photos of us.  This one was too far away!  Zoom Lauren, zoom in!
Okay, what the heck is this face?  But hey, I look good!
 Yet another bad one.  I love that I'm posting these of him.
This one was like (think slow motion, slurred voice) "nooooooooooo Lauren" let me show you what I want you to do.  We kept looking at the photos she had just snapped and she launched into a ridiculous laugh attack when she saw this one.  Dear Lord, it's bad.  I had to "alter" my already horrible appearance in this one.
 Okay, getting better but scrunchy shoulder making me look weird.
 Now he's just being a dork on purpose.  I said, "What are you in a gang?"
 Kinda good.
Then Lauren put her finger in the photo and the mantel clock looks like I'm wearing a big gold hoop earring!
Now onto the food!  We went to Niche in Geneva, IL.  Fantastic! This is what I ordered: Walnut Goat Cheese Ravioli (Beech mushrooms and pearl onions, marinated artichokes, Bull Run Farm baby beets, spinach puree)  My latest ordering technique is to order something I don't or won't make at home.  
Look at how excited he is to eat that!

This is what hubs ordered:  a sort of deconstructed lasagna of braised lamb shoulder with grilled ratatouille, basil pesto, fresh semolina pasta and eggplant puree.
Another angle of the goodness!
Wine!  In my thrifty ways, I ordered a bottle vs. two glasses that would have cost the same!  And really, I can drink more than one glass!
Here is me with my wine!

random table shots....
coffee and desert coming soon!
contemplating....
This is what I think he's thinking:
happiness is.....wine, desert, coffee and being married to ME for 16 years!  
Cafe' con leche

excitement over cotton candy (which they just brought to the table for fun)  because it makes people happy...
Obviously I was enjoying taking all these pics!
such elegance....
Cotton candy and a ridiculous coffee treat including baileys and grand marnier with a crystallized sugar rim...
The end.

3 comments:

  1. Bahahaha! Thank you for the laugh! I love your silly posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time. If I had taken that many pictures Paul would have chucked the camera into the Fox River.
    And dang it you are using the same blog back ground as me. You write more often so I'll change mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer DjordjevicOctober 29, 2011 at 6:55 PM

    Yes, it looks like you had a fabulous time! Love the photos of the food and the cotton candy - and of course the ones of you in front of the fireplace. You two are adorable together. Congrats on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete