Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cowboy Candy....

Candied Jalapenos from Tasty Kitchen was the perfect thing to do with an over abundance of jalapenos.  
Super easy....slice them up!
I kept the seeds and pith because I wasn't sure how hot these babies were.  Usually I find the ones from the grocery store to be so weak.
These puppies turned out to be mighty spicy!  Please note the vintage "garbage bowl" that is not from any RRay collection!  (thank you!)  Vintage rules!
I used up all the left over banana peppers too.
This is Lauren (my little and best kitchen helper!) showing us her pepper ring!
In this photo Lauren demonstrates how gross she thinks this whole recipe is.  (Cider vinegar, white sugar, turmeric, celery seed, granulated garlic and cayenne pepper......bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer, add peppers for exactly 4 minutes and can or just keep in the fridge.)  That whole canning thing stills scares me so I opted not to can them.
Here Lauren demonstrates that cooking is fun, even if she won't eat it what we are making!
And this is a little punk who stole his sisters glasses and was messing around while we were cooking!  Lord help me if Evan needs glasses.  It won't be as simple as it was with Lauren. 
This is an example of what to do with the finished product! (photo from Tasty Kitchen) and this is how the recipe is described:  These little beauties are so addictive: sweet, spicy, and tangy. Once you start eating these, you’ll find all sorts of places to stash them—sandwiches, potato salad, grilled meat, and pasta, just to name a few.  I added some to soup last night and it was a lovely addition. 

1 comment:

  1. OMG that picture of Lauren indicating how gross it looks in the pot!! LOL! LOVE it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete