Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Monday....


It's Monday.  It's time for bed.  It's 9:51 pm and I've been on the couch with a cozy blanket and I've got to rip myself up and haul myself to bed.  Evan slept with us last night because the storm woke him up.  He started coughing at 4:00 am and Dad hauled him back to bed.  Ugh.  I had a lovely day of sunshine and a walk, the library and the park.  Just a wonderful ~ordinary~ day here.  No drama.  Nothing to report.  Just peace and security and happiness.  Cultivating and finding that happiness among the goldfish crumbs and packed lunches and forms for school.  This perhaps is my calling.  But I'm listening to the whispers.....I know that I am enough but I want to follow the path higher up the mountain.

When I tucked Lauren into bed tonight (after three books, kisses, hugs, laughs, a chat, etc. etc.) she said "tuck me!"  I said, "How many tucks do you need?"  "It's never enough mom."  And I had a de'ja vu flash of me saying the exact same thing to my mom and her replying in the exact same way.  
Loving the life you are leading right now, right here, right where you are, TODAY is a choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment