Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Braised Short Ribs...

Did I ever tell you about the time I made PW's braised short ribs?  You can find her fab photos and recipe here.  I found these photos from January while I was looking through my pictures today to find some blogging inspirado.  It's getting colder outside so this is a good warm comfort food for winter.  (Which is fast approaching whether we like it or not!) So here we go!  You get some lovely short ribs, dredge them in flour (after seasoning with salt and pepper) and get a nice browned sear on all sides of the ribs.
Without cleaning the pan, remove those ribs and add carrots, onions and shallots.  See this bad photo?  Yeah, I have a new camera now.  My life has changed!
Here is where I attempt action shots like Pioneer Woman.  Hey, I'm trying here people!  Since January I think my photos have improved. I don't cook during the day (usually) to get gorgeous natural light pouring in through the window.  So most of my shots of cooking are under my stove lights.
This photo is a bit blurry, but I still like it.
This is a good one.  You are about to add 2 cups of red wine to the veggie mixture in your kettle.
Once again, action jackson.  I like it.
Even better.  You have to take many many photos to get one or two good ones.  These are all proof of my progress!
And of course, it's nice to take photos of your cast of characters for the recipe!
I love low sodium broth.
Now you add all those ribs back in with the veggies, wine, and broth and you let this baby cook for 2 1/2 hours!  Think fall off the bone baby!  
But first add some lovely fresh rosemary and thyme.  And before this whole party got started I crisped up some pancetta.  You throw this in now too.  But I don't have photos of that.  In fact, I don't have a photo of the incredible finished product.  I think I was too busy hovering over a plate of short ribs!

And now go here to get PW's recipe for Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta.  You won't be disappointed!  You can serve those short ribs over a big heap of mashed potatoes, but I was getting out of my box!
What can possibly go wrong with lemon goat cheese and a stick of butter?  I don't believe the recipe called for lemon goat cheese, but it was insanely delish!  Nice and mild.  Polenta is virtually flavorless so you really need something to kick it up.  So go forth and make comfort food for you and your family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment