Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Don't you just love a Norman Rockwell image?  It's so pure and perfect.  Look at the guy in the lower right hand corner.  That must be crazy Uncle Phil who had a little nip before dinner!  Love it!  I am watching a Curious George movie with the kids in the aftermath of an all day Christmas decorating madness.  It really seemed like a good idea at the time!  I always get so crabby and stressed with the kids underfoot while trying to haul out huge Rubbermaid totes from the crawl space.  Lauren asked me a hundred times "where should we put this one mom?"  OMG  I don't know!  Take a look around!  This is chaos!!!!!!

I try remind myself this should be fun but it really isn't and I'm not sure it ever will be.  I should make the decorating part fun for the kids.  Oh sure, the holidays themselves are great.  The actual decorating.  NO.  I feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride of back to school, Halloween, Lauren's birthday, Thanksgiving, Evan's birthday and then a million parties and fun and Christmas.  I'm tired already!  And this crazy warm weather does not put one in the mood to get all Santa up in here!!!!!

Lauren picked up The Night before Christmas book and saw the picture of Santa with his finger beside his nose (you know.....and up the chimney....blah blah blah) and said, "Mom, why is Santa picking his nose?" And is it just me, or do kids want to eat all the time?  I eat twice a day (during the day) if I'm lucky and one of those just might be a snack and it seems I'm in the middle of something and one or both kids are telling me they are hungry.  It kills me.  Get a stinkin' snack and it better be 100% protein and shut it.  

So I've done all I can do for today.  It's good enough.  Evan just said "damn it" while eating his cheesy eggs and bacon and English muffin for dinner.  That's good times.  I'm thankful for that.  Wow.  Why don't you go to your Christian pre-school and tell that teachers THAT.  Better yet, tell them you heard it from mom.

Did I tell you that I went to the UPS store with both kids to mail the world's biggest package to my sister and then braved the grocery store with both kids?  (The bigger the package the cheaper the cost and that doesn't make sense to me!!!)  Do you have any idea what a grocery store looks like the day before Thanksgiving?  HURT ME.  But last night it was raining and the idea of going to get a turkey seemed so hard.  Nope.  It was harder today.  I got lucky when the express line was open and checker waved me over.  I do think the lady behind me in the aisle thought I cheated when she rolled in.  Why aren't ALL the check outs open in the grocery store the day before Thanksgiving?  I mean really!

But let's talk about that rock-solid frozen turkey I have on my hands.  It will thaw in about a week.  Thank you good night.  Has anyone ever brined a frozen turkey?  Please send wine.  

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family members and loved ones!  Thank you for reading my blog and supporting me.  I love you all.
xoxoxoxo
TA

1 comment:

  1. I love you and that is all.

    Happy thanksgiving Tricia.

    I'm thankful you inspired me to start blogging.

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete