Wednesday, November 30, 2011

He's coming tonight!

Last year Elf on the Shelf came to our house.  The kids named him Jasper.  He arrives on the first of December as a little reminder to the kids that "Santa is watching."  Basically Jasper is a spy for Santa and flies back to the North Pole every night to give Santa a report.  Good old fashioned black mail!  
The parents have the fun task of hiding the little bugger each night.  That is, remembering to hide him.  He needs to be in a new place each morning when the kids wake up and find him.  This is all fun and fine and good as December begins.  But 25 days of doing this gets old!  And on those nights you forgot to move him you must explain that "Jasper is just playing a trick on you to see if you are really looking for him."
I highly recommend that you add this tradition to your family!  It is very fun.  You even get to "register" your elf on the elf on the shelf website.  The kids love it.  The website is super cool.

So this morning I'm not happy with the templates available on blog spot to change up this blog background to add a little holiday cheer.  I'm cranky because I haven't blogged in a few days and feel I have no inspiration.  Once again I need to do my holiday photo cards and have NO good photos to use.  We attempted to get some on Thanksgiving.  Here is a peek of how that went:

 Nope:  My head is cut off!
 Well, this is a possibility but my sister would not approve of Evan.  "Um, not card worthy."
 I say we go with this one.  I like those holiday cards were the kids are acting like asses or crying.  Really I do!  They are fun and break tradition of the fake perfect family photos.
Then Evan starting to melt down because he is currently obsessed with using my camera to take photos.  I gave my old digital "bar camera" to Lauren.  It's been lost for months.  Sorry Charlie.  Get your paws off my new one.
He is also currently obsessed with the iPad, the T.V. and the Leapster game.  We are thinking of getting him Call of Duty 2 and a full gaming system.  He has no toy guns but turns everything he gets his hands on INTO a gun.  His obsession with guns would be a nice compliment to a gaming system don't you think?

But really, I do like the holidays.  I do!  I'm not being sarcastic.  Really!  : )  

1 comment:

  1. yikes...holiday cards...it just doesn't feel like Christmas here yet. No carols in the stores, no decorations outside of our home and homes of friends, no cold weather. Thanks for the reminder. BTW, I like the goofy faces one.
    Belated Happy Thanksgiving to all of you :)

    ReplyDelete