Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Poncho, cape or just a jacket?

The day I bought my yellow Frye boots at the resale shop, I spotted this Jones of New York wool camel jacket hanging on the wall.  As I normally do, I ask the ladies "what size is that?"  They said "no size" and they took it off the wall to try to entice me. (it was one of those "one size fits most")  I already knew I was going to break the bank (bank meaning my credit for all my consigned clothing) so I didn't think I could afford to buy this too.  It had only been in the store for one day. (that also means no additonal mark downs.....much like the boots.....which doesn't make me happy, but sometimes you just need to use your credit!!!)  It had the original price tags on it from Macy's for $169!!! The store price was marked $54 but I  just added $18 to the big purchase of boots and jacket.  It was love at first sight.  Lauren took this picture of me above and it was the only good one!  They other one had my head cut off and the other one was taken from her short angle looking up at me so I look like I'm 300 pounds : )
Classic name brand....
Lovely gold zippers...
So, I'm joking when I ask if it is a poncho or a cape or a jacket.....I'm pretty sure a poncho and a cape don't have sleeves, however, it is an interesting cut and it makes me feel as if I'm wearing a strange combination of both!  I adore it.  It is so stylish and comfy and the sort of statement piece that you can throw on with something not so cool underneath and you will still look cool on the outside!  The collar can be folded down or worn up for extra coolness.  The backside of the collar has a cable sweater material.  I couldn't find this piece anywhere on ebay or the internet, so I'm not sure how old it is (even with the price tags on it) but I am digging this "just a jacket"!!!!!!  Coupled with my yellow boots it is MAJ.

For those of you who are local readers, please check out Your Best Friends Closet!  They are expanding the store again and you are bound to find a bargain....

No comments:

Post a Comment