Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

I'm so glad Lauren found her Christmas/reindeer shirt with the tags on it in her closet and put it on just in time for pumpkin carving!
This is my favorite part.  I love the feel of the guts and meticulously picking out the seeds.  My kids are following in my footsteps.  
 Dad's really getting into the spirit here!
 Evan would love nothing more than to get his hands on a knife...
or a gun....or a sword.  Help me!
No one really grooves on toasted seeds like I do so I do my own thing and add curry and hot spices! Delish!
 Love this photo!
It takes teamwork to carve a pumpkin people!
 Imagine that.....Evan doesn't have pants on!!!
Our pumpkins were a tad skimpy on the seeds.  But I ate them ALL.  I won't tell you what this did to my digestive organs.
 Every once in a while I get to be in a photo!
 You know, just so when the kids look at this "electronic baby book" a million moons from now they will say, "oh yeah, we had a mom!  remember her?!"
 I wanted to do cool templates on the pumpkins this year.  Hubs axed that idea.
 Grossing Evan out with the seeds and guts!
 I really did very little in this whole process but I acted like it for the photos!
 For once, Dad took the helm.  
 The reason hubs axed the template idea was for lack of good carving tools.
 Well, I had to agree with him on that one.  
 But next year I am going to trick some pumps out!
This is my favorite thing to say regarding any holiday, trip, family function, etc. is "We're making memories here people!"  I said it while the kids carved!
 Lauren and Evan
Halloween 2011
 Sissy
Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment