Thursday, December 8, 2011

Merry Meatmas......

This little box of joy landed on my doorstep yesterday afternoon and you would have thought I was getting a box full of free clothes, or jewelry or booze!  (ha!)  Instead it was a box 'o meat from Northern Waters Smokehaus in Duluth, MN!  I was giddy!
Please note the FedEx "perishable" label.  That means it has really good stuff in it and you need to open it up promptly and start enjoying the goodness contained inside!
 I was introduced to Northern Waters Smokehaus by my BF Kelly last Christmas when she sent us a wee bit of salami and smoked fish.  (She knows us so well!)  She found out about this place from Diners, Drive-ins and Dives that Guy Fieri hosts on the Foodnetwork.  You can view a clip here:
Kelly is from Duluth, MN and Northern Waters is located in the DeWitt-Seitz Marketplace in the scenic Duluth downtown.  If you find yourself in that neck of the woods PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE go into the cute little shop and order a Pastrami Mommy which is featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.  I had the pleasure of eating one en route to our annual Trout Lake trip with Kelly and her family and believe me, it was delcious!  I'm counting down the days to June '12 when I get to eat one again.  A pastrami mommy consists of bison pastrami, provolone, pepperoncini and fresh greens on pumpernickel with mustard and mayo.  (pickle on the side)
 Now, for Evan to show us the goods: 
 Smoked Bacon (I mean, really!)  Who doesn't like bacon?  
 Smoked polish sausage...
 (Note the excitement on Evan's face!)
ooooooooh!
 Smoked andouille sausage...
Evan's face kinda says, "Alllllllllright mom!"
 Smoked pancetta....
 and the jewel of the foam cooler:  Salumi! 
(as they spell it at Northern Waters)
The salumi is made in small batches, hand tied, and slowly aged, creating the very finest flavors and impeccable texture.
 a little fennel and garlic flavor....
Perfection!
Evan and I dug right in and the hubs found it without me even telling him the order arrived! He has a low-jack kinda feel for meat and meat products.  So Merry Meatmas to us all! (And I haven't even discussed the fish portion of this company!)  Check out this fantastic company!  Order some meat treats and make your family happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment