Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Salad Love....

I'm not sure if I love soup or salad more.  Soup AND salad together?  Heaven!  Throw in some fresh bread and a little butter (I'm obsessed with Kerrygold  butter currently!) and I have no words.  Yesterday I threw together this salad for lunch and it was divine.  I happen to have had all these ingredients in my fridge and pantry so don't think I'm weird.  Or you can think I'm weird.  I'm down with that!
What you see here are:
~beets (roast them in the oven, let them cool, slice!  I can eat them everyday.  Simply salt and pepper with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic....YUM!)
~raw green beans (as opposed to cooked!)
~blueberries
~feta cheese
~pepitas (that's a cool way of saying pumpkin seeds)
~jicama (crispy, sweet edible root vegetable, perfect for salads) 
~a little light dressing of Newman's Own balsamic vinaigrette

I cannot tell you how delicious this salad was.  You will just have to make one for yourself and find out!  I love digging around in the fridge and finding weird combinations of taste and texture to eat.  And now I'm hungry for lunch!  

No comments:

Post a Comment