Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The slump is over!

Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese

I have been in a book slump for what seems like forever.  With the craziness of the holidays I didn't notice it so much.  Then I try to convince myself I just need a break from books and read a stack of magazines.  I have recently checked out and brought back to the library countless books.  All fantastic I'm sure.  I just couldn't sink my teeth into anything that felt right.  Thanks to my sister and her book club, she suggested that I read their selection for this month.  It's 600 pages or something.  Even better!  I love a good long book!

I just started reading it yesterday and I'm only 25 pages in and it's fantastic.  I have never been so happy to be over the hump of a book slump!  Here is the excerpt from Amazon:

Marion and Shiva Stone are twin brothers born of a secret union between a beautiful Indian nun and a brash British surgeon. Orphaned by their mother’s death and their father’s disappearance, bound together by a preternatural connection and a shared fascination with medicine, the twins come of age as Ethiopia hovers on the brink of revolution. 


Moving from Addis Ababa to New York City and back again, Cutting for Stone is an unforgettable story of love and betrayal, medicine and ordinary miracles--and two brothers whose fates are forever intertwined.

What are you currently reading?  Are you in a book slump?  : ) Snap out of it today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment