Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Snowstorm Anticipation....

Last week's crazy flash mob of a snowstorm brought Evan great joy.  The flakes were amazing.  I love this photo.  I especially love that he has a short sleeved t-shirt on in the snow.
I've talked about Picnik, the photo editing website that is closing on April 19.  Until then, all the premium edits are available to use.  I used my favorite "wrinkle edit" and smoothed out all the edges and then used a highlight spotlight in the middle.  I love how it looks.
This is Cloudy.  We've been dog sitting since last Monday.  (Cloudy is my father in law's dog) She's a good dog, low maintenance and easy going.  However, those of you who know me well will chuckle when you hear that today I announced, "Okay, I'm done now.  It's time for you to go home."  The kids have been obsessed with her and have been playing outside every evening until it's dark.  (with no prompting from me!)  They fight over who can feed her and open and close the door to let her in and out.  They use a leash to walk her around the house.  It's been pretty cool.  My carpets full of dog hair, not so much.  Her paw prints across my freshly cleaned floors, ditto.  

This dog was my mother in law's love.  Nothing brought her more joy than this dog.  I think hubs feels a little bit of his mom is with us.  I do too.  I called hubs last week and said, "We really need to get a dog.  The transformation with the children is amazing."  He knows me well.  He said, "What are you smokin'?!!!"  It's only been a week.  I'm smart enough to know that in another week all tasks regarding the dog would fall to me.  And I don't clean up vomit or dog poo.  So there's that.  It's been fun.  But alas, all good things must come to an end!

Mom arrived today to avoid the massive (supposed) Wisconsin winter storm that is approaching.  No sense in being stressed to get to my house before we depart for Stowe, VT on Saturday.  Chicago weather calls for freezing rain on Saturday so hopefully we will get out.  I hate missing even a day of vacation due to travel delays!  But whatever will be, will be.  I'm glad to have mom here a few days ahead of time.  I went to Costco by myself tonight and got gas, all in 45 minutes!  Kid free is so delightful in regard to errands!

No comments:

Post a Comment