Monday, March 12, 2012

Back to Reality....

Snow shoeing at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, VT

Hello my Friends!  I have missed you.  We are back!  I had a million little moments over the week when I felt a twinge to "remember to write about this."  It felt good to break away from all the usual routines.  (they really get me down sometimes)  No blogging, no structured work outs, no real meal planning, no schedules.  Just hanging out with family and planning impromptu fun for each day!  I have yet to regain my rhythm.  I did however take advantage of the glorious weather today and took a very long run that felt better than runs usually do for me.  That was a nice surprise.  I had some bursts of inspiration on the run and know that tomorrow they will all come together here nicely.  I have over 200 photos so I have some editing to do!  It's hard for me to edit.  I want to share all the goodies with you!  Let's just say the trip was fabulous.  New adventures always lead to new memories.  My heart is full.  But in the battle of bed vs. blog, bed is taking the lead!  
One thing I know for sure:  the Columbia ski jacket you see in the above picture is GOING!  It is a nice warm ski jacket that has a zip in fleece so it's very practical and useful on a ski trip.  But I've hated it forever.  It's just so geeky and really, creme and blue?  I feel like it screams 1985 but it really isn't that old.  I kept saying to my mom "all geeked up in my Columbia ski jacket in Stowe!"  What is it about a ski slope or ski store that makes you want to drop tons of cash on looking the part???  And I didn't even ski!  
Also, I have GOT to start handing the camera to other people on trips so I am in more than 5 photos!  The kids will look at the vacation photos years from now and ask "Mom, did you come with us on this trip?" !!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy you and your Mom got to go on this fabulous vacation at this dream house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snowshoeing. We have not done it for a long time though! B/c our girls don't have them, and this year there was (almost) no snow! But in my pre-kid life, I used to snowshoe with my husband all the time in the winter. Oh and btw, your jacket looks fine, silly! :) (My winter parka is from 1996, yo. So I think I probably rival you. Although mine is just all dark blue, so dark it looks black. But that color is not flattering on me in January!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete