Friday, April 20, 2012

Next Project....

The kids received a "Live Butterfly Garden" from Santa.  I waited until a few weeks ago to order the larvae because once they "bloom" it needs to be 55 degrees or higher outside to release the butterflies.
 The kids have been checking out the net and asking me daily when the larvae will arrive.  
There you have it!  
7-10 days for the larvae to move to the top of the lid and get into chrysalis form and then 7-10 days for them to hatch into beautiful butterflies.  I had to move the cup (out of sight out of mind) so the kids would stop touching/shaking/moving the poor little larvae!

I'm off to water park in the Dells this weekend with my BF Kelly and her kidlets.  The kids are beyond giddy and I think I just might be too!  Have a great weekend friends!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! (The butterflies AND the Dells trip!) :)

    ReplyDelete