Monday, May 7, 2012

Sunday Afternoon....

Last weekend our Sunday was a laid back affair.  I had just come come home from an overnight wedding with wine club and my Mom and Aunt were visiting.  I got the jumbo Costco muffins for their visit.  The kids love them and they make the best crumbly messes on the floor!
Mom brought her childhood vintage tea set for Lauren.  She whipped up an impromptu tea party with the kids.  And we discussed that boys like tea parties too.
I love that fact that Mom said she wasn't waiting to give Lauren the tea set.  She said, "Why wait until she's older to give it to her and then she won't be interested anymore and she'll just save it to give to her kids."  I come from a long line of  "why wait to use something for a special day."  ANY day can be special if you declare it!
Lauren was happy with the jelly beans that Grandma found in the cupboard.
Jelly beans make any day special!
Family treasures.....
Mom, Aunt and I poured some bubbly into the tiny teacups...
Sparking wine makes any occasion fancy...
And then we played a game of "real" Scrabble.  After so many games of Words with Friends this seemed nearly impossible at first!  But because of my skill advancement on one little iPhone game I managed to beat my Aunt.  This happens once in a blue moon!

So our Sunday was easy and relaxed.  The best kind.

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog. Cute images. I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete