Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Water Park Instagram....

Last weekend I loaded up the kids and drove to pick up my BFs kids in Verona, WI so we could rendezvous with their mother (my BF, Kelly) at The Chula Vista water park in The Dells.  (Wisconsin Dells that is!)  I was coming down with a nasty bout of strep throat, didn't know it, was self-medicating and trying to rally for the benefit of a fun time Charlie weekend.  I did my best.  After all, this was a free hotel with free water park passes!  (Free.....my favorite word!)  Kelly had a work convention and her hubs wasn't interested in going so I got the invite.  Basically, her kids couldn't have for a water park weekend without me!
Cleo & Lauren...
Evan and Mommy...
The kids didn't like to keep the wrist bands on overnight so each morning Kelly's kids went to the front desk with my kids and got new wrist bands to wear.  "It's too tight Mom.  I gotta take this off."
Chillin'...
So much to see!  So much to do!  So exhausting!
Family dryer....$2.00 and well worth it!
Sunday night when I got home I dropped the kids and luggage and cooler off and immediately took myself to Urgent Care.  My throat was so swollen I could barely swallow.  I was in misery.  This is what I saw on the wall while waiting to fill my antibiotics at Walgreen's.  No statement could be truer!  I rarely get sick but when I do my life falls to a shambles for at least 24 hours.  I'm so happy to be feeling great again!  I'm back!  

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're better! I'm the same way. I don't get sick very often but when I do it's the all-hell-breaks-loose variety. As in WEEKS of incapacitation. I've been this way since I was a teenager!

    Well anyway it sounds like a great weekend even though the strep part sucked!

    ReplyDelete