Monday, June 4, 2012

Minette's Feast...

I often find myself loving the children books more than the kids do.  We just checked out Minette's Feast: The Delicious Story of Julia Child and her cat, from the library.  By Susanna Reich and Illustrated by Amy Bates.  Anything Julia Child related and I'm delighted! Could the cover illustration capture Julia any better?  Lauren is Paris obsessed so I thought she'd enjoy this one.  She did.  She even asked me to read the last few pages which gives you a Julia Child synopsis.  (My kids are weird like that!)
Here are just some of my favorite pages.
I love how this captures the tallness of Julia!
Love this double image which gives us the illusion of movement....
Ah, the wonderful romance between Julia and her husband Paul...
"They nibbled croissants in cafes where cats curled on chairs...
Yes, it's really a story about Minette, Julia's cat, but this book is so much more!
I was enthralled by the words, illustrations, story....the charm of this lovely book.
Simply not just for children!
"Still....There would always be mouse."

No comments:

Post a Comment