Thursday, June 28, 2012

More Vacation....it never ends!

I have to share the rest of the Trout Lake photos so I can return from a trip to Mom's house and Door County and start all over again with the summer vacation photo sharing!
I got a sample from Guy while he was cooking the fish.

There is nothing like fish caught the day you eat it.  And then add some Aunt Nancy special seasoned breading and dip it in a vat of peanut oil to cook it.  Seriously, I'm a Friday night fish fry girl from Wisconsin and I've never tasted anything better!
Aunt Nancy made sliders ala "White Castle".....
So good, so wrong.....you could eat them all night!  Ground beef, mayo and cheese (hello!) You can easily prep ahead and bake for a party.
 After a cool dip, a hot sauna warms the soul.....
 I can't walk past an anchor and a coil of rope without taking a photo!
 Dusk near the dock with the fish flying high....
 World's Best Donuts from Grand Marais....
 Blooms on the path....
 Red Solo cups and tackle boxes, the makings of a good country song....
 My flip flop adorned foot.....always in a photo....
 New landscaping.....
 Looking up....
 The new sign....
 Luna Moth...
Amazing!  I was so excited to see this.
 Freak show kids on the trip....
 Wearing lipstick to town....(It's somewhat against the rules of this kind of vacation!)
 Three kids and a moose....
 The best store in town...Vintage delights!
 This is the second year in a row that this dress draws me in.  1940's gown with butterflies.
 Local artists.....my favorite kind!
Love these images printed on old book pages.
 Hauntingly sad.....
 The old fountain sign and counter....
 Where do I begin?  I want everything!
I have been smart enough to NOT start buying old books.
I am drawn to them and would become a book hoarder.
 Yarn delights for Nancy!  (We had to take her back her to drool over the goods!)
 I never tire of the kids playing near the water and rocks....
 Well hello there feet!
 Long Legged Sally (Lauren)!
Come on kids!  Time to head back to the lake!  It's cocktail time for cripes sake!  We don't have time to bury you in the rocks!!!
 Uncle T-Bones big fat fish!
 Evan and Rusty posing with T-Bones fish.....
 Evan, T-Bone and Cleo with the famous fish....
 Lovely girls in the lovely lake....
 Six and Eight year old's love to throw out the bunny years and peace signs......
 Streaming sunshine....
 Gonna jump in and take a dip....
 Ridin' my bike on the dock.  Cuz I'm cool like that.
 Reflection...
 There's that damn foot again!  It just keeps popping into the photos!
Dock House......one of my favorites.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I was back there with you guys right this minute! Thank you for these photos. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete