Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cave of the Mounds....

Lauren, Evan, T.J. and Cleo (my other kids from another motha)

Seriously people, all my summer moments are blurring together into one big heap and the red head starts school NEXT Wednesday!  OMG!  I feel good about it but it I feel like it will always be a bittersweet moment in life to realize that the summers/years/months/days just fly by.  I am the mother to a FIRST grader?        Please!  I just gave birth.  I'm sorry.  You have me confused with someone else!

Before I can move on and show you all my other vacation photos and stories, I must complete my Cave of the Mounds journey.  The kids were delighted!
I mean really, who doesn't enjoy a good cave?  It's really cool temperature wise in the middle of a hot summer, it's educational and fun! 50 degrees inside the cave!
If I had blogged right after this cave tour I would be able to tell you all the cool stuff I HAD learned about this particular cave.  Now, words fail me.
But I still the find the photos intriguing.
simply amazing....
Mine for gemstones!
Really, it's more like an $8 bag of gems that you pretend to mine for....
But the kids loved it nonetheless!
Little Norway, WI
Good 'ol Wisconsin beer....
Kids waiting patiently for food....
really awesome kids....
Townie bar...
Big nachos....
homemade onion rings from townie bar....pretty much Heaven!
Famous foot shot to alert my bestie Nancy to the fact I was surprisingly with her sister Kelly (my other bestie) YET AGAIN....
and yet another foot shot to show off my newly thrifted J Crew flops!

I'm pretty sure there can never be a better place to "vacation" to or escape to then a friends house.  After a highly stressful week ending July (a blog post all in it's own when I gain some perspective on the whole hot mess) I found great comfort in relaxing and decompressing at my girl Kelly's house.  There is nothing like a friend who understands you, understand your upset and hands you a glass of wine with the knowledge that, "this too shall pass." 

No comments:

Post a Comment