Monday, September 10, 2012

Pioneer Woman's Peach Crisp....

Evan turns the butter, brown sugar and flour to "sand" consistency...

Evan and Lauren love to help in the kitchen.  Sometimes I have all the patience in the world and let them get in the mix with me and other times I just want the simplicity of getting the job done.  However, I have such great memories of baking with my grandmother when I was little.  I know I'm instilling in them the love of cooking.  Not just cooking, but shopping, selecting the fresh produce at the farmers market, local stand or from our garden....researching a recipe....watching a cooking show for inspiration and then seeing it to fruition with the actual cooking part.
Peach Crisp with Maple Creme Sauce from The Pioneer Woman
I'm sure I've talked about this recipe before but it really is so easy and good.  You can use any fruit and/or fruit combination.  I used white nectarines and blueberries in this one.  The lemon zest is key!  If I'm going to bake anything I need simple.  This is simple.
I even got cray-cray and threw in an over ripe banana!
(this is why I like this recipe!  I usually don't like to bake because I like to improvise and you can't typically do  that with baking.  Precision I am NOT!)
Sprinkle the crumble topping on and bake.....
Hubs said I didn't put enough crumble on.  I told him to enough the fruit which is really the healthiest for him.
Last time I made this I used a smaller dish and used the full amount in the recipe and I felt it was too much. This time I used a bigger baking dish so I probably could have used it all.  Live and learn. I had left over maple creme sauce so I didn't even have to make that part.  But I HIGHLY recommend that you don't skip the sauce!  It is divine!  

What is better than a quick and delicious desert on a week night?  My family is pretty shocked when I "bake" a treat. 
 Happy Monday friends!

2 comments:

  1. I bake all the time--several times a week, easily. I love it. I like baking with my daughters but sometimes I just want the meditative alone time of being solo in the kitchen! And now that school has begun I'm on my own in there most of the time anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of love and prayers to you and your family. My heart goes out to you. - Kim Kluussendorf

    ReplyDelete