Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Anniversary Crashers....

Me and Babs....
It's very much like me to include myself in other people's fun.  So when I happened to see that our dear friends Barb (I like to call her Babs) and Paul were heading out to a fabulous restaurant in Geneva (remember when I blogged about Niche?) to celebrate 19 years of marriage, well, I just jumped on that plan!  I did however fully disclose they could say no if they wanted to have a romantic, just the two of them dinner.  Babs said, "It's been 19 years we have nothing to talk about anymore.  We need you."  Hilarious!  This is why I love her.
Good food, wine and conversation....
And then I took this photo of the hubs and Paul and they made me swear I wouldn't show it to anyone.  And I lied.  It's hilarious.  THEY look like the loving couple!
And then they got all manly and serious. (well except for the hubs)
I always say the more beverages on the table the better!
This was my entree.  Scallops of some kind.  Fancy and perfect and delicious.
I entitled this one "layers of an onion" on Instagram...
and "Glow with the Flow" (see how witty I get with wine?!)
My Dad's ring as worn by the hubs.  
It was the 11 year anniversary of this death....and we had never properly celebrated our 15 year anniversary in October. It was also Lauren's 7th birthday. Lots of bittersweet stuff going on in life.
Old friends are the best friends....
Lots to catch up on and discuss.  With lots of beverages.  
What more can you ask for?
Vintage cuff links...
Wire horse heads = super cool fine dining...
Good Night and thank you for letting us crash!

No comments:

Post a Comment